It’s that time of year again – with warmer weather comes high pollen count! Here are some tips for surviving spring allergies during those high pollen count days.
- Keep windows closed and run the air conditioner (recycled setting) instead
- Change or clean your air filters frequently during this time of year
- Shower before going to bed or when you get home as pollen can settle into your hair and onto your clothes and skin.
- Wash off indoor pets’ paws and wipe down their fur with a damp cloth or towel if they’ve been outdoors. Pets can easily track pollen into your home, leaving it on your carpets and furniture.
- Vacuum twice a week and wash bedding in hot water weekly
- Avoid outdoor activities until early evening as pollen counts tend to be highest in the mornings.
- If you have outdoor plans, take your allergy medication before going out. Don’t wait until you have symptoms.